The Happy, simply home has been finished, has found a home, has solar, has an occupant (me!) and has a plan for the future…
I would love to invite you all to a little-house warming Friday 22 March 5-7pm, Paekakariki – contact me for address details lunny06 (at) yahoo.com.au
The theme is polio-purple as it is the colour of the palace, so please come along with little sample of purple snacks and drinks – like purple (some may call it red) wine or your choice of beer in a purple drink holder or bend the rules as much as you like!
I’m not sure how many we will fit in the abode if the weather is testing but we’ll see what we can do and as a back-up we can head down the road and support the local café’s and pub – maybe even the Bowls Club.
I will be acknowledging the many who have contributed to the project, celebrating all those who have interacted with it in some way and introducing it to the community for all to share…
Would be wonderful to see you all there and live the model it tries to portray of: place and people being the best ‘things’ in life!
I do have a wee list of little bits and pieces the Happy, simply home is looking for and please only bring if they are second hand, unused, leftover, unwanted, etc…
- Folding sofa bed to accommodate guests or have up to 4 people in the HS home
- One tall stack of drawers or cupboard with drawers – like the plastic tub things and about 180cm high by about 45cm wide
- Small drawers and cupboards with drawers – think bedside size
- Thin foam double mattress or underlay to put on the slightly solid futon bed
- Outdoor toilet shelter – like a pop up tent or self standing privacy thingy
- Cooker or burner with gas or metho or camping stove as I have to take mine with me in April
- Tap for 200l plastic tank that will be cut and put in place
- Big frypan lid for my big frypan that doesn’t simmer and cook on a small single burner
- A pillow and pillow slip
- Steel thermos for holding hot or cold liquids/food for an extra day without a fridge
- Bicycle tube for a reg 26” x 1.95 mountain bike
- 6 coat hangers
A bunch of allgood Fairtrade bananas for any of those items and raptured excitement, plus knowing it will go to a community project that aims to share ideas and blend information with inspiration…