A poster I have been sharing with volunteers, the community and anyone who might be thinking about supporting or we are asking for support… Share around anywhere in Aldinga, Adelaide, Australia if you think someone might like to pitch in and help out…
Happy, simply – A sustainable lifestyle model and education project
Want to participate in a community building project?
We are constructing a small, self-sufficient 10m2home that is ‘off the grid’. A similar project was done last year in New Zealand with great success and we are doing it again, this time in South Australia!
When: 24 May – 9 June (approx. 2 weeks total build time)
Where: Aldinga Arts Eco Village, Port Rd, Aldinga
How: Using volunteer labour and recycled / donated materials
Why: To learn, share and participate in a community project that demonstrates how people can live a happy, simple life in a sustainable, self-sufficient home
If you can contribute any skills, time, materials, support, please contact:
- via email email@example.com,
- give d’Arcy a call on 0428 416 765.
- visit our Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/groups/happysimplysa/
You can also see the build grow daily on the blog: https://happysimply.wordpress.com
Ideally what we need…
• Builders, Designers, Skilled Tradespeople- especially students, retired or passionate sustainable builders
• Volunteers keen to participate and learn new skills
• Leftover building materials – timber, cladding, insulation, etc…
Please feel free to come visit us on the build site to see what we are doing and join in! Once finished the Happy, simply home will be available for all to spend a night or two to have a taste of the Happy, simply life!
Any and all contributions are greatly appreciated, acknowledged and broadcast with the greater community (if you wish)!