Keep this date free for a Happy, simply presentation at the Adelaide City Library in collaboration with Adelaide Sustainable Building Network and Adelaide City Council…
Happy Simply South Australia
Self-sufficient sustainable tiny home off the grid (and under $2000!)
Adelaide City Council with Adelaide Sustainable Building Network are hosting an interactive presentation on the sustainable Happy, simply tiny house community project.
- Friday 13 June; 6-7pm
- Adelaide City Library – Level 3 Rundle Place, 77 Rundle Mall – access via Francis St lifts or through the carpark lifts (map: https://goo.gl/maps/DFAfH and more info here)
- RSVP and questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or see you there on the night
What’s it all about?
This presentation will explore the ideas of simplicity, self-sufficiency and sustainability.
d’Arcy Lunn will talk about his own project ‘Happy, simply’: a sustainable lifestyle model and education project promoting simplicity, sustainability and self-sufficiency. The end product: a ‘tiny house’ built for less than $2,000!
What will we cover?
- The components and a holistic approach to a happy, simple life – where the ideas came from and the practical application of simplicity – where less is more and just enough is plenty.
- The “Happy, simply” home – how to build a 10m2 home in 2 weeks and for under $2,000. This involves considering design, materials, building and resource consent, water capture, renewable energy, bio-compostable toilet, edible garden, transport and community participation.
- Take away ideas and the practical application of simplistic, self-sufficient and sustainable living practices – it will be a matter of laying it all out on the table for people to choose, adapt and modify what is useful and practical to them
- A detailed look at the new Happy, simply home built in Aldinga just before this event!
Who will be teaching?
d’Arcy Lunn is enriched and enthusiastic about simple living. ‘Happy, simply’ came after 14 years and 64 countries of learning and experiencing that less can be more (when you get to choose it). For him the project and this workshop is about sharing the learning he has received from his experiences around the world and applying them at home in SA, where we can choose sustainability, self-sufficiency and simplicity and be richer for it.
– Friday 13 June 6-7pm and then beers after at the Metro on Grote St – see below for all the details!